Thank you for following the conference “Global Transport Development Vision. Future Challenges” organized by SJSC “Latvijas dzelzceļš” on September 14, 2016. You are welcome to enjoy the atmosphere of the conference once more through photos and speeches of our honourable guests.
You can also download the speakers’ presentations:
Dr. Ian Pearson, UK, influential futurist
Dr.habil.sc.ing. Igors Kabaškins, Latvia, Professor at the Transport and Telecommunication Institute, President of the Latvian Transport Development and Education Association, Committee Member at the Joint OECD/ITF Transport Research Centre
Dr.oec. Yuri Shcherbanin, Russia, Head of the Analysis Lab of the Transport and Logistics System at the Institute of Economic Predictions of the Russian Academy of Science
Henk van Dieren, the Netherlands, CEO at „Samskip van Dieren Multimodal BV”
Looking forward to meeting you at the next conference!
Throughout a century and a half since the first railway line was established in Latvia, the railway has contributed to the progress and let flourish cities and regions, inspired educational, cultural and business environment, thus clearly demonstrating the link between the transport sector and overall economic development.
Today, still thinking about the railway as the economic bloodstream, our task is to be as forward-looking as our predecessors, who saw the important role of railway in the future by constructing the first tracks and putting into operation first wagons.
In order to share experiences, opinions and discuss how today's global trends affect the transport sector and how to use them successfully, on 14 September 2016 took place the Annual International Conference “Global Transport Development Vision. Future Challenges” organized by State Joint Stock Company “Latvijas dzelzceļš”.
This year the speakers of the conference include:
- William J. Bernstein, investment and financial markets expert, author of bestseller books „The Birth of Plenty” and „A Splendid Exchange”, USA
- Dr. Ian Pearson, influential futurist, more than 1,600 inventions, speaker at 1,000+ conferences and forums, UK
- Dr.habil.sc.ing. Igors Kabaškins, Professor at the Transport and Telecommunication Institute, President of the Latvian Transport Development and Education Association, Committee Member at the Joint OECD/ITF Transport Research Centre, Latvia
- Henk van Dieren, CEO of Samskip van Dieren Multimodal BV, the Netherlands
- Yuri Shcherbanin, Professor at the Academy of Economics at the government of the Russian Federation, Vice-President of the Eurasian Transport Union, Presidium Member of the Russian Academy of Transport, Head of the Analysis Lab of the Transport and Logistics System at the Institute of Economic Predictions of the Russian Academy of Science.
Among the participants of the conference are high-level transport and logistics experts, as well as economic experts.
Insight in the previous annual conferences: