The “Latvijas dzelzceļš” Group is a group of socially responsible companies that operate in accordance with the principles of good corporate governance and sustainable development, as well as continuously improve their internal procedures in this area.
In order to promote good governance and socially responsible business practices in Latvia, the “Latvijas dzelzceļš” Group has developed the basic principles of business ethics of the “Latvijas dzelzceļš” Group’s cooperation partners, which are binding on each of the cooperation partners of the companies of the Group. These basic principles apply equally to partners selected via procurement procedures and to other contractors who supply goods or services to any company of the “Latvijas dzelzceļš” Group.
Basic principles of business ethics of the “Latvijas dzelzceļš” Group’s cooperation partners
- The cooperation partner has labour force, materials and technical resources to ensure provision of service or delivery of goods in the planned amounts.
- In its employment practices, the cooperation partner complies with the relevant legal provisions.
- The company of the cooperation partner complies with the laws and regulations on labour protection. The cooperation partner ensures that its employees involved in the provision of services or production of goods use the necessary labour protection equipment.
Taxes and licences for commercial activities
- The cooperation partner complies with legal acts regarding tax accounting and accounting of payments equivalent thereto, and confirms that it is not involved in activities that could be interpreted as tax evasion.
- The cooperation partner complies with the provisions of legal acts regarding the provision of services or production of goods. The cooperation partner has all the necessary licences, permits, and other necessary documents required to provide services or produce goods in accordance with the requirements of legal acts.
Fair commercial practices
- The cooperation partner is not engaged in activities that could be considered infringements of competition law.
- The cooperation partner confirms that it is not involved in any activities that may be associated with corruption, unauthorized participation in property transactions, acceptance of unauthorized benefits, commercial bribery, solicitation, receiving or giving bribes, trading in influence, fraud or money laundering.
- The cooperation partner confirms that its employees will not take part in decision making if in a conflict of interest, nor will they use the influence that could have arisen from a conflict of interest in making a certain decision.
- The cooperation partner builds relationships with customers, suppliers, subcontractors and other partners based on good corporate governance practices, mutual integrity and transparency.
Upon signing an agreement with a company of the “Latvijas dzelzceļš” Group, the cooperation partner confirms that it has read the basic principles of business ethics of the cooperation partners of the “Latvijas dzelzceļš” Group and confirms its compliance with these principles, as well as undertakes to strictly adhere to these principles and ensure that its employees and subcontractors involved in the performance of the agreement also adhere to the principles.