VAS “Latvijas Dzelzceļš” (LDz) Information Technology Centre (ITC) commits to carry out the following quality policy:
- to maintain and constantly improve LDz corporate information systems by introducing new information systems and modernising the existing systems using technologies that allow improving efficiency and safety of information management;
- to participate in LDz information technology and telecommunication management projects, to follow objectives, indices and meet deadlines;
- to provide quality services to customers according to agreements, as well as to constantly improve relationships and service quality;
- to constantly improve the quality management system;
- to motivate employees to assist in improvement of the ITC processes and its indices.
To ensure the implementation of quality policy, the ITC in its operations:
- has adjusted the ITC quality management system according to international standard ISO 9001 “Quality management systems. Requirements” complying with the regulatory requirements of information technology industry and best practice principles of management;
- follows the latest developments in information technologies, applies the best practice of the industry and introduces innovations;
- constantly improves processes by increasing efficiency and service quality;
- gets to know customers’ wishes and needs, and constantly works to improve customer service;
- contributes to the ITC employees’ competence enhancement organising regular training and applying the best practice outside ITC;
- awards material and non-material benefits to those employees who have performed their tasks in high quality, contributed to improvement of the ITC management system and achievement of objectives.