Basic principles of business ethics for cooperation partners of
Latvijas dzelzceļš Group of companies
- The cooperation partner has the workforce, material and technical resources available that ensure provision of the planned service or the supply of products.
- In connection with the employees, the cooperation partner complies with the provisions of labour laws and regulations.
- The cooperation partner adheres to the requirements of laws and regulations regarding work safety. The cooperation partner shall ensure that with regards to the service provision or production the employees of the cooperation partner will use the necessary means of protection.
Taxes and commercial activity permits
- The cooperation partner respects the laws and regulations in connection with the accounting and payment of taxes and comparable payments, and confirms that it is not involved in activities that could be recognised as tax evasion.
- The cooperation partner respects the provisions of laws and regulations relating to the service provision or goods production. The cooperation partner has all the necessary licenses, permits and other documents required to provide services or produce goods according to the requirements of laws and regulations.
- The cooperation partner does not take actions considered to be a violation of fair competition.
- The cooperation partner confirms that it is not involved in activities that could be linked with alleged corruption, unauthorised participation in property transactions, acceptance of unlawful benefits, commercial bribery, unlawful solicitation, acceptance or provision of benefit, trading of influence, fraud or money laundering.
- The cooperation partner confirms that its employees will not participate in the decision-making being in a conflict of interest situation, and not use the influence that could have resulted from such a conflict of interest situation to make a certain decision.
- The cooperation partner develops its relationships with customers, suppliers, subcontractors and other partners on the basis of good corporate governance practices, mutual fairness and openness.
Upon signing the agreement with a company from the Latvijas dzelzceļš Group of companies, the cooperation partner confirms that it has got acquainted with the Basic principles of business ethics for cooperation partners of Latvijas dzelzceļš Group of companies and certifies its compliance with the requirements listed above, undertakes to strictly follow such in future and to ensure that they are complied with also by its employees and subcontractors associated with the performance of the agreement.